really....all you can stuff yourself with.
had a great experience last night....the service was fantastic. we were a group of ten and we were seating immediately and the owner/waitress brought out an immense amount of meat for us. i guess realizing it was a group of 10 young men. she made sure we got what we needed and changed the grill for us numerous times. she even did some of the cooking for us and gave us a lesson on how to eat the meat by wrapping it in the lettuce and adding the sauces. i would recommend to give this a try. i heard it gets busy on the weekends.
Excellent Korean BBQ buffet, large meat selection at a reasonable price..
- Wide variety of meat selection.
- Selection includes marinated thinly sliced beef (bulgogi), beef rib (kalbi), spicy and non-spicy pork, bacon (pork belly), and of course? chicken.
- Lot?s of tasty side dishes. I counted 12.
- Reasonable price. It cost $16.95 per person, soft drinks not included.
- Only one waitress so you may have to wait to be served.
- Table area will get smoky because the marinated meat will char the grill when it is cooked. Waitress will change the grill constantly but that is if she is not too busy.
I?ve been coming to Secret Garden for the past 5 years and the quality has been excellent throughout these years. Used to be they have all the meat selection in a push cart and will come to your table and all you have to do is point and they will pile it on. Now you just tell the waitress what you want and she will bring it out on a large plate and still pile on the meat. Again it is buffet so you can request as much and many times as you want.
The marinade is good and authentic. The owner said they are serving buffet all the time so now you can stuff yourself anytime, versus before they only have buffet for dinner.
There used to be another Korean BBQ in Bellevue west of 405 freeway off the 8th Ave Exit. But they have stopped the buffet so I stopped going there. Secret Garden may be the last of the Korean BBQ buffet in the Seattle area.
This restaurant is a little divey, but offers a fun, interactive dining experience. Come hungry and with a crowd, this is all you can eat! Each table has its own grill for grilling marinated meats and becomes overflowing with interesting side dishes and dipping sauces.
If you can overlook the decor, this is the place for you and a group of friends who are adventurous! Make reservations for groups of more than 6 if you want to be sure everyone gets a try at the grill.
Also, may want to take a shower after dining, the smoke from the grill permeates hair and clothing.