CITY OFFICIALS SHOULD TAKE NOTICE - CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN.
This place doesn't deserve even 1 star. There is nothing stellar about the place. It is the most disgusting lodging facility I have ever seen. How they are even licensed to operate is beyond my comprehension. The rooms are filthy. Grease and grime all over the kitchen area. Roaches throughout the room. Urine stained mattresses that looked 20 years old. Filthy, ripped, burned carpet. Cigarette burns (large ones - some the size of pancakes) on the countertops. Linens that were threadbare. Both the live-in manager and his wife greeted you with a grimace each morning when collecting money. No cooperation whatsoever when requesting to change rooms or have cleaning done. The owner is no more cooperative. I find it difficult to believe that they are allowed to operate such a menace to public health and safety. DES MOINES CITY OFFICIALS - CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN !!