where to begin....
First of all, I used to live in tacoma and went to the fastan on pearl ave. I had a good experience and didn't research the fastan here in west seattle because I didn't think I had to.
Second, I've never written a review for anything in my life, but I've such a negative experience, I created an account. I've read the bad reviews and agree with everything that's been said.
1. the girls at the counter are inconsiderate: I showed up on time for my appointment and had to wait 5 minutes until she finished her conversation about her bad nail salon experience with a friend. Just get me in my bed, THEN finish your conversation. (that's not the only time, that's just one example.)
2. it's always a sales pitch: It doesn't matter if you say that you already have lotion or don't want lotion, you'll still get the sales pitch. I know that they may be required to tell you about the lotions that they carry, but it's a huge annoyance. Especially when you feel like they aren't even listening to your polite response of "No thanks, not today, I already have some"
3. reservations mean nothing: I showed up 8 minutes early for my high pressure bed appointment (because I wanted to make sure I'd get out of there on time). When I got there, a guy was buying a package at the counter. 5 minutes into my appointment, they told me that I'd be after him... go figure. I thought maybe they were just backed up (if everyone came in 5 min late, that would put them back 15 minutes after 3 appointments, right?). But then when he came out, the girl at the counter followed him outside, talked with him for a few minutes, and hugged him goodbye. I was pissed! I asked, "did he even have an appointment?" she said "yeah, but he was buying a package and missed his appointment time". WTF! so that means I have to wait 27 extra minutes for my fricking bed?? I would have liked to leave at that point, but I had a formal function the next day and it was 8pm.
4. no privacy: I finally got into my high pressure bed. They room had a window with the blinds drawn - I took off my clothes, and started the bed. Only when I rolled over onto my stomach half way through my tan did I realize that the fan was blowing the shades! Here I am lying naked in what I thought was a private room, but the window leading to the parking lot wasn't covered due to the fan blowing the blinds!
It's too bad that I've already invested so much money in a big package - otherwise I'd just cut my losses and find somewhere else.
If you want to save yourself a LOT of frustration, don't buy tans here.
Great beds. That's about it..
Two things I've learned about this place:
1) Make an appointment or be prepared to wait a LONG time for a bed.
2) Just because you have an appointment doesn't mean you won't still have to wait.
And yes, the girls behind the counter are awful.
Terribly maintained beds and employees are atrocious!.
1st, the customer service is shockingly lacking. The only thing the counter girl talks to you about is to up the sales. As in:
Obnoxious counter girl: ?Do you have lotion with you today??
Me: ?No I am good thanks?
Obnoxious counter girl: ?no? Well you need some??
Me: ?right here, thanks?
Obnoxious counter girl: ?that stuff is terrible and you really need lotion A, B or C behind me? insert bad Vanna White impression from a girl rejected from Jersey
Me: ?I just bought this form you last month?
Obnoxious counter girl: ?I sold that to you last month? Well lotion has come a loooong way since then and you should consider an upgrade??
Seriously, I paid for tanning, not a daily badgering with repetitive sales pitches.
2nd, the bulbs in the beds are frequently out. I bought a package of 10 and I kid you not 6 out of the 10 times I went in a bulb was out. A single bulb stretches the length of your body and I hate shimmying from side to side every 3 minutes to avoid a stripe. When I asked about this, I was told they were on order. The next time I came in a different bulb was out. Shouldn?t a tanning company have replacement bulbs in the back room ready to replace those that go out? We all know bulbs go out eventually so it doesn?t take a genius to know you will need them eventually, right?
After the 3rd time this happened I complained. I asked for a refund, discount or to speak to the manager. I was told no refund but it was my choice not to tan until new bulbs were in.
So let me get this right - I hold up my end of the deal by paying full price, in advance for a service you promise to deliver. Yet, when the service cannot be provided as promised, I must wait until you are able to provide it with no option of a refund or discount????
They were very professional to me.
First of all let me say that this salon has been nothing but polite and professional to me. Probably because I treat them like they are professional. I have not been yelled at, because I understand that one needs a reservation, that this is not a job that really keeps them busy all of the time( the calls to boyfriends etc are to be expected), and I have treated them with kindness and say hello when I arrive ON TIME for my tanning.
If one had a problem with the prices, go somewhere else. I have not had any trouble.
They are very clean, they showed me how to use the facility, yes they suggested a program which was expensive. But I had a special need to tan in a hurry, and not burn. It was approiate to my need. A fabulous bed, unlike any I have used before.
Get a grip people, you get the service that you deserve. Try not to be so snotty and upity and you might receive some smiles.
Go somewhere else!. Talk about poor customer service, holy cow! First off, just getting acknowledged while standing at the counter was a feat in itself. After a long while of just standing there, I finally forced the girl to deal with me, the customer. She was extremely rude and belittling with a holier than thou attitude. After I forked over a hundred bucks, I had to sit there and wait for a bed while she yelled at the top of her lungs to her boyfriend on the phone. I made a big mistake buying tans here. PS. Call ahead and reserve a bed or you'll be treated like a real piece of Sh@# and have to sit around and look at the counter girl.
THE Place 2 Get Tan!!!!. OMG!!! This is like the best tanning place EVER!!! I went in to one of those other places to get tanned and bc they had some coupon in the paper I was saving money 4 my trip to vegas. I went everyday for 2 weeks and you couldn't even tell I had been in...AT ALL!!!! I went in to FasTan and the girl was so pretty and nice.( I think her name was Brie?) She actually knew about the beds in the salon and they had the lotion I love and haven't been able to find anywhere!!! They even said they could even order stuff in for me and have it in a few days. I got this totally awesome deal on tanning. The beds were great!! After the first tan in a great bed, I had more color than in those few weeks at that other place. Not only that, I can go to any of the FasTan salons and my tans are good at any of them! I have recommended them to all of my bff's and say to go FasTan. As for those other places and their coupons...They are good for those strict laws Seattle has about not leaving my chihuahua poo in the park. Tee hee hee! Lmao! A VERY HAPPY TANNED HOT BABE WITH HER LITTLE DOGGIE 2!!! P.S. Vegas was a blast! I partied hard and looked fab on the strip!!! Thanks Fastan. Thank you Brie!!!
Fast Tan West SEattle. Dont give this place your bussiness. If you want to be treated with no customer service at all.. I paid 100.00 bucks to tan here and to be treated bad. Brianne says shes the manager (to find out this is false) when I call to ask to speak with one to complain about her rude attitude on the phone and in person. You stand there with no greeting or even a look. I paid way to much to be treated this way.
Tan somewhere else. I would have to agree with the other review. Dont give these people your money! This salon is Very poorly run with NO customer service. I have had my appointments given away, when I was on time, because they made a "sale" to someone who came in with no appointment, and I had to wait over 20 min to get my tan. Also watch for the "FREE" tans that you get, they expire, and they use the ones you paid for first. If you buy alot of tans and dont use them really fast they will take your "FREE" ones away. Oh don't worry you can get them back IF you buy more. NO THANKS
Poor Customer Relations/Business practice. I went in to Fastan in West Seattle on Monday to buy some conventional tanning. As per the industry, the girl working there tried to sell me the high pressure tanning beds. I was reluctant because of the price difference but she offered me a deal of 4 tans for $49.99 since I was a first time customer. I took the bait and bought the package. I went back on Wednesday to use my second tan and on my way OUT the girl working that day (a different person) stopped me and said there was a problem with my account. She said that the first girl did not have the authorization to sell me the package at that price and that I needed to pay the difference if I wanted to keep the tans. I thought that this seemed strange since it isn't my fault that one of their employees did something they are unauthorized to do. She told me if I wanted to speak with the manager I could call back the next morning, which I did. Upon hearing my name, he knew exactly why I was calling and opted to speak over me saying he understood where I was coming from, but the girl had made a mistake and I was either to pay the difference or get a refund for my ONE remaining tan. I told him I thought that was a strange way to run a business and he interrupted me to say that he has been doing it for 15 years and that is just the way it is done. I obviously chose to get a refund for my remaining tan and I will be taking my business elsewhere. I was not given a chance to say that they could have stopped me on my way in so that I wouldn't have used that second tan before knowing what kind of place I was doing business with. I would suggest that tanning customers take their business elsewhere since you never know...someone could offer you a great deal one day to get you in the door and then take it back the next and ask you to pay the difference...Not exactly regular business practice!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!