Seattle >Metropolitan Market Uptown
Good floral, wine, liquor, cheese and seafood departments. Also check out their special events (tastings, demos & signings) and house made soups and guacamole.
The Best Grocery Store EVER!.
I first found out about Metropolitan Market when I started working in lower Queen Anne area around 2.5 years ago. And I've been shopping there ever since. Never had a bad customer service experience. I love this place! My friends say that I could actually live there if I could! Here are some of the reasons I love this place:
- Top-quality food, fresh, best-tasting produce.
- Unique, rare to find items that you can't find in other grocery stores (ex. Jason toothpaste, honey greek yogurt, locally made hand creams, cool wine accessories, funky lunch bags, etc.)
- Great, friendly and knowledgable staff. This store is definetly an upscale one but their staff and atmosphere never makes you feel like that.
- Coffee shop and desserts.
- Gelatiamo gelato (which is the best, in my opinion).
- Amazing selectin of cheeses and meats (Serrano ham is delicious).
- Free samples of cheeses and meats (which actually helped me in making purchasing decisions).
- One time during their store celebration/expo I was struggling with my 2 full bags of groceries; store director noticed that and helped me carry them downstairs. A store director?! wow..I thought that was so nice and thoughtful.
One thing that I am not too thrilled about is their prices...Their stuff is pretty pricey. But I know this will not stop me. ;-)
I think I could be their Development/Advertising agent after this review... ;-)
Sample your way through this lavish grocery store overflowing with gourmet goodies..
Top-quality food is displayed like fine art: Meats are arranged like sculptures, pastries like jewels, vegetables like a Dutch still-life. Vibrant chalkboards mark the aisles and clever ceramics denote individual kiosks. It's not all show, however. Knowledgeable and cheerful staff--some trained in France--explain cheese rinds, aged beef, food and wine pairings and the best chocolate cookbook, and the store is one of the best places in town to discover those hard-to-find gourmet items.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!