Seattle >Delicious Planet
Even something good for a Vegan. Great muffins!.
I got a gift card from one of my friends for this place, and being a vegan and being skeptical, I didn't really bother with for a while. I found it again thumbing through old emails (email gift cards nowadays!) and....
1. I ordered a wrap with hummus and grilled vegetables. the hummus was super tasty.
2. I ordered a tub of the mango salsa, it was good and juicy.
3. breakfast burrito (complete with fake vegan cheese!) it was decent, nothing too surprising, but very filling.
4. fruit salad - I don't like melon and forgot to mention it, but it had pineapple, blueberries, cherries, kiwis, etc and they weren't soggy, which is nice for a change. I've made the mistake of getting the fruit cups from certain grocery stores and been disgusted by the bloated soggy fruit (and no refund)
5. morning glory muffins - wished I had ordered more, these puppies were freakin good. I am a staunch! vegan, and when i bit into one, I was sure there was some cow/animal product in it, so I got on the phone asap--ended up being passed to the chef who was adamant about their vegan status. sounded like he had had this conversation before.
6. finally, the vegan entree- spinach chickpea coconut curry. It was pretty mellow curry, and though I like mine with a bigger spicier kick, it was good, plenty of spinach, soft chickpeas, the carrots were good and crunchy not overcooked and I could actually taste the coconut milk. it came with toasted cashews (thankfully in a separate little container; soggy cashews are not fun to eat).
overall I was pretty satisfied, it came later the next day in a white cooler with ice packages. I wasn't home but when I finally did get to it, the stuff was cool to the touch after sitting in the sun in front of my door.
mostly I putter around the kitchen myself and make my own food, there aren't too many good vegan places around, but this was a nice break for me.
oops.. I didn't realize there were two delicious planets on city search. hope I got the right one.
Time saver!!!. I absolutely love their food but what they really do is save me a lot of time!! Once I got into the swing of this, I could order just the right amount – 3 dinners, a couple of salad entrees for lunch, and some muffins or granola for breakfast. I still had room to eat out or go to West Seattle Farmers Market. I refer them all the time!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!